- Categorical Programs
- Student Support Programs
- Structures for Success
- Afterschool and Summer Programs
- Extra Curricular Activities
We are excited to introduce our Reading Campaign “Books Fill Hearts: Reading with Love, Growing with Knowledge”, a wonderful initiative aimed at fostering a love for reading among our students and encouraging a lifelong journey of exploration through books. We believe that reading is essential for academic success and is an enriching and enjoyable activity that can open doors to imagination, creativity, and knowledge. We are confident that this campaign will not only improve your child’s literacy skills, expand their vocabulary, and nurture their critical thinking abilities, but also lay the foundation for a well-rounded and successful education and path toward becoming a curious, informed, and empathetic individual.
The Reading Campaign “Books Fill Hearts: Reading with Love, Growing with Knowledge”, will run from September 5, 2023, to June 6, 2024, and we invite all of our students to participate enthusiastically. This campaign is designed to make reading an engaging and rewarding experience for every child. Here's what you can expect during this exciting period:
- Reading Challenges: Students will be given age-appropriate reading challenges that cater to various interests and reading levels. These challenges will encourage them to explore different genres, authors, and topics.
- Reading Logs: Each student will receive a reading log to track reading progress each day (See #4 below). This will not only help us monitor their participation but also provide them with a sense of accomplishment as they complete each reading goal.
- Incentives and Rewards: We believe in celebrating every reading milestone. Students who complete a certain number of reading challenges will earn certificates, stickers, and special rewards, all of which aim to motivate and acknowledge their efforts.
- Family Involvement: We encourage parents and guardians to actively participate in this campaign by reading with their children each night for 20 minutes, discussing the stories, and helping them achieve their reading goals. This is where the Reading Logs introduced above come in. Family engagement is a crucial factor in promoting a strong reading culture.
- Book Baskets/Reading Mentors/Storytelling Sessions: We feel local businesses play a vital role in enriching the lives of our young readers and the community as a whole. We will be placing book baskets with “Caught Reading” cards at select businesses and inviting businesses to be involved by sponsoring a classroom, hosting storytelling sessions, or becoming a reading mentor.