- Academic Information
- Digital Tools for Students and Families
- Parents Resources
- After School Program
- AERIES Parent Portal
- Communication Platform ParentSquare
- Bell Schedules and Academic Calendars
- Bus Schedules/Routes
- Food Nutrition Services
- Online Forms and Documents
- School and District Transfer Process
- Tech Services
- District Plans, Funding, Budget
- WeTip Anonymous Reporting
- Affordable Connectivity Program
- Student Resources
Assembly Bill 181 (the 2022-23 omnibus budget trailer bill) contains revisions to the Independent Study Program (effective July 1, 2022). CUESD offers a short-term Independent Study option for no more than 14 days.
What parents need to know prior to requesting Independent Study:
- Short-Term Independent Study must be requested through the school office at least two weeks in advance of the proposed start date
- Independent Study is a minimum of 3 days and no more than 14 days.
- Short-Term Independent Study cannot exceed 14 days (for the entire year) and instruction is provided as packet work or Google Classroom by a student’s existing teacher.
- If a Short-Term Independent Study request will exceed 14 days (or the balance available to the student) the student will be marked unexcused for the number of days exceeding the limit.
- Master Agreements from Parents and Students must be signed prior to the starting of the Short-Term Independent Study
- Short-Term Independent Study Homework Assignments are due the day the student returns to In-Person learning. Any incomplete or missing assignments will result in unexcused absences.