- Role of the Board
- Board Meetings
- Complaint Procedures
Corning Union Elementary School District (CUESD) is governed by an elected five-member Board of Education. The Board Trustees are elected at large by the community to four-year terms. Terms are staggered so that two or three seats are up for election every two years.
The Board of Education welcomes stakeholders to be an active part of CUESD. Public participation and open communication assist our District in understanding the challenges facing our students, families, and schools.
The primary responsibilities of the Board of Education are to:
- Set direction for the District.
- Establish an effective and efficient organizational structure for the District.
- Support the Superintendent and staff. as they carry out the Board's direction.
- Ensure accountability to the public for the performance of the District's Schools.
- Provide community leadership and advocacy on behalf of students, the district's educational program, and public education