skip to main content
placeholder for top bar

    Complaint Procedures


    A Uniform complaint is a written and signed statement alleging a violation of federal or state laws or regulations, which may include an allegation of unlawful discrimination, harassment, intimidation, or bullying. If the complainant is unable to put the complaint in writing, due to conditions such as a disability or illiteracy, the agency shall assist the complainant in the filing of the complaint.
    The Board encourages the early, informal resolution of complaints at the site level whenever possible.


    A Williams Complaint, another type of UCP complaint, regards instructional materials, emergency or urgent facilities conditions that pose a threat to the health and safety of pupils, and teacher vacancy or misassignment and may be filed anonymously. Local Educational Agency (LEA) shall have a complaint form available for these types of complaints (see buttons to the right) but will not reject a complaint if the form is not used as long as the complaint is submitted in writing.
    The District's Williams uniform complaint procedures, AR 1312.4, shall be used to investigate and resolve any complaint related to the following:
    1. Sufficiency of textbooks or instructional materials
    2. Emergency or urgent facilities conditions that pose a threat to the health or safety of students or staff
    3. Teacher vacancies and misassignments
    4. Deficiency in the district's provision of instruction and/or services to any student who, by the completion of grade 12, has not passed one or both parts of the high school exit examination.


    The Governing Board accepts responsibility for providing a means by which the public can hold employees accountable for their actions. The Board desires that complaints be resolved expeditiously without disrupting the educational process.
    Every effort should be made to resolve a complaint at the earliest possible stage.  All complaints related to district personnel other than administrators shall be submitted in writing to the principal or immediate supervisor. If the complainant is unable to prepare the complaint in writing, administrative staff shall help him/her to do so. Complaints related to a principal or central office administrator shall be initially filed in writing with the Assistant Superintendent, Human Resources or designee who will determine an appropriate investigator. Complaints related to a Board member or to the Superintendent shall be initially filed in writing with the Board.